Kia Excess Return
Purchase a new or approved used Kia and you will qualify for one year’s free Excess Return worth up to £250. Ask your Kia dealer to register you and provide a certificate.
Excess Return provides up to £250 cash back for any excess paid* as part of a motor insurance claim, no matter which company insurers you.
For example, if your excess is £350, it reduces your cost to £100. Excess Return also covers additional excess charges imposed by some insurers, typically £200, should you choose to have the reassurance of an accident repair at a Kia approved bodyshop, not your insurer’s recommended repairer.
How to claim (24-hours)
Following an accident, you must call Kia first before your motor insurer on 0330 102 8832.
If you call your insurer first, and they handle your claim, Excess Return will not be able to reimburse your excess charges.
5 reasons to call Kia first on 0330 102 8832
1. We’ll pay up to £250 of your motor insurance excess if you call us first.
2. We’ll exercise your right to an accident repair at a Kia Approved Repairer using Kia Genuine Parts and approved repair methods. This is not guaranteed if you call your insurer first.
3. We’ll recover your Kia anywhere in the UK
4. Give you a courtesy car whilst yours is repaired.
5. We’ll provide end-to-end handling of your motor claim and liaise with your insurer on your behalf.
KIA EXCESS RETURN VOUCHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS • The Free Excess Return Voucher is available to customers who purchase a new or approved used Kia from a Kia dealer and who also apply for Free Driveaway Insurance.
• The voucher is valid for one year from its registration. Only one voucher can be issued per vehicle. The voucher can only be used once.
• The voucher only applies when the claim is reported to, accepted and managed by Kia Excess Return and the accident repair is carried out at a Kia Approved Bodyshop.
• To redeem the voucher you must call the dedicated Kia hotline first on 0330 102 8832 after a vehicle accident, whoever you are insured by. If you call any other Kia number or your insurer without our instruction the voucher will be void.
• Where we accept and complete the vehicle repair, we will pay up to £250 cash back towards any policy excess paid by you. You will be required to pay the repairer your applicable Motor Insurance Policy Excess. The repair cost must be settled by your insurer. Once the repair is completed and your insurer has settled the claim we will refund you £250 or the value of your excess whichever is the lower. You will need to provide proof that you have paid your excess in order to claim under the voucher. Nothing in this offer obliges us to accept any vehicle for repair. The voucher is not valid if your vehicle is deemed a total loss.
• Where we manage the vehicle repair, we will do so in conjunction with your motor insurer if the accident was your fault, or the other driver’s insurer if they were at-fault and if they have accepted liability.
• Accident recovery is provided when you call Kia first on the dedicated number and we handle your insurance claim on your behalf. If you cancel the recovery of your vehicle you will be liable for any cancellation charges incurred, or if your insurer rejects your claim you will be liable for any recovery costs incurred.
• A courtesy car is provided subject to availability when you call Kia first and your car is repaired by a Kia approved repairer. It is not available if you are claiming on Kia Free Driveaway Insurance or Get Me Home Cover.
• The voucher is not valid for standalone glass claims.
• This offer may be withdrawn at any time.
The Kia Excess Return Voucher and the call Kia first service are provided by Verex Assistance UK Ltd registered in England and Wales Company No.05687158, Batchworth House, Church Street, Rickmansworth, Herts WD3 1JE which is regulated by the Claims Management Regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities.