Chef Jean-Georges and his wife Marja walk you through the true taste of Kia.
Taste of KiaAs a provider of consumer experiences rather than a mere auto brand, Kia has partnered with a globally renowned chef to create its own style and taste. It has tapped Jean-Georges Vongerichten, a triple Michelin-starred French chef, and his wife Marja to create delicious culinary surprises for customers.
Taste of Kia - MakingVideo Description ViewThe World's top chef presents Taste of Kia Jean-Georges & Marja Taste of Kia The internationally renowned chefs, Jean Georges and his wife Marja, in collaboration with Kia Motors A project which provides customers with an astonishing experiences through the taste of Kia. Comprised of Signature Recipes of three cousins and two easy-to-follow Outdoor Recipes Jean-Geores My name is Jean-Georges Vongerichten. Marja I am super excited to be involved in this project with Kia Motors. Jean-Geores My role in this project with Kia Motors is to develop some sensibility of food. My philosophy of cooking is very similar to Kia Motors. We are looking for ways to surprise people. So I think Kia Motors really tries to emphasize the senses through taste. I mean the taste is very approachable, but sometimes luxurious. Kia appeals to a broad audience but it's very distinctive, young, fresh and vibrant. I brought some identity of Kia in terms of colors as well. We played a slot with the red, white different textures and flavors. Outdoor Recipes Lobster Slider Grilled Chicken Skewers by Marja Marja I am known for my Korean cooking. It's been to work with my husband and marry both of our different styles together. Jean-Geores What I'd like to share is "Be open, open minded." It's all about sophistication and sensibility of flavor or drive. KIA The Power to Surprise
Taste of Kia Recipes
Watch the video about how the Taste of Kia was produced.Video Description ViewTaste of Kia The internationally renowned chefs, Jean Georges and his wife Marja, in collaboration with Kia Motors A project which provides customers with an astonishing experiences through the taste of Kia. Comprised of Signature Recipes of three cousins and two easy-to-follow Outdoor Recipes
Crab Salad, Beef Tenderloin with Gochujang-butter Sauce, Black and White Chocolate Mousse with Berries A unique menu exclusively for Kia Motors with a hint of Korean flavors Providing young and fresh image of Kia by the texture and presentation Highlighted with red and white colors Jean Georges The first course we are serving is a crab salad. We added a little bit of avocado and crunchy beans for solid texture. The source we pour on the table is made of sweet, sour and spicy sauce. With the main course, the beef, we paired it with something French and something Korean. Gochujang paste mixed with butter and lime juice really comes together. The dessert is in the colors of Kia: red and white. We use white and dark chocolate mousse, white chocolate chips, strawberries, strawberry sherbet and some mint, which is very refreshing. Lobster Slider, Grilled Chicken Skewers Linked to the outdoor lifestyle Easy-to-follow recipes for outdoor cooking Added Korean elements and exclusiveness to slider and skewer Marja When we think of Kia as a car company, it's very distinctive. With the lobster slider, we wanted to bring you Brittany lobster from Bretagne, which is very distinctive in its taste, sweetness and freshness. So we wanted to bring that to this outdoor recipe along with my Korean version of chicken skewers, which I think everybody will enjoy. So we hope you'll enjoy the taste of Kia Motors. Jean-Georges: Bon appetit!
Kia’s taste is easy to approach and at the same time fancy and luxurious. Also it is young and alive. These characteristics of KIA are similar to my taste in food. This is because my food is easy to understand, but also alive and has unique characteristics. That is why various people love my food.
- Jean-Georges -
'Signature' and 'Outdoor' RecipesThe Taste of Kia consists of 'Signature' recipes designed to be served up as part of a formal meal and 'Outdoor' recipes for ad-hoc dining. They represent an original menu that draws on Korean flavors and global cuisine.
Appetizer | Crab Salad
- A starter with Korean flavors such as laver and soy sauce
- Harmony between sweet-and-sour chilli sauce and fresh soy sauce-lemon dressing
- Kia's fresh and young image is expressed in the dish's crunchy texture
Main | Beef Tenderloin with Gochujang-butter Sauce
- A steak prepared with prime-cut beef is marinated with spicy sauce made from Gochujang, butter and lime juice to express the dynamism of Kia
- The steak with Korean flavors is designed to convey Kia's globalism
Dessert | Black and White Chocolate Mousse with Berries
- Uses red and white, Kia's two signature colors
- Chocolate, mousse, ice cream and berries are combined to create various textures that express the dynamism of Kia
- A more high-brow version of a burger
- Herbs and chili-infused pickles used to represent the youthful image of Kia
Chicken Barbecue Skewers
- Grilled marinated with spicy Gochujang sauce that represents red, the color of Kia
- The Korean ssam, or wrap, is used to make the dish more approachable for international diners familiar with salad
[ Ingredients ] 400g Shrimp Mousse (275g Shrimp, Peeled, Deveined / 2g Salt / 140g Butter, True room temp), 310g Lobster knuckles, 2g Rosemary, 5g Microplaned Lemon zest, 1g Chili Flakes, 8,000g Green Jalapenos, 200g Orange, 803g Salt, 150g Lemon mayo, 1pc Sesame bun, 8ea Chili pickles,1ea Medium leaf boston lettuce, 1ea Slice gruyere, a little flour
1. For the Lobster patty
- ① For the shrimp mousse
- 275g Shrimp, Peeled, Deveined
- 2g Salt
- 140g Butter, True room temp In the blender process shrimp and salt to afine paste. add butter and process to emulsify.
- ② Prepare lobster to cut in 1/2 at the joint,
- ③ Rosemary and Lemon zest chop finely.
- ④ Put the 400g shrimp mousse, 310 Lobster knuckles, 2g Rosemary, 5g Micro planed Lemon zest, 3g Sult, 1g Chilli Flakes to the bowl and mix well.
- ⑤ from into 5 oz(140g) burger patties on parchment.
- ① For the shrimp mousse
2. For the chili mayo
- ① Prepare 8000g Green Jalapenos, 1/2 seeded, stemmed.
- ② Combine the Jalapenos, 200g Orange(Peel and all pith removed) and 800g Salt in blender and process to smooth.
- ③ Put in a very narrow container and wrap with plastic wrap; let sit at room temp for 24 hours.
- ④ Pour into a deep perforated hotel pan lined with coffee filters and let drain for 5 hours.
- ⑤ Make chili mayo - Add 150 lemon mayo to 45g Gredn chili paste(first mixture) and mix well.
3. To make lobster slider
- ① Dust burger with flour and cook in a hot pan with grape-seed oil until well caramelized and cook in the center.
- ② Place a piece of cheese on top and let it melt.
- ③ Toast a burger bun and spread chili mayo on both sides.
- ④ Arrange the lettuce and pickles on the top side.
- ⑤ Place burger on the bottom and assemble.
Grilled Chicken Skewers
[ Ingredients ] 1lb(400g) Chicken thigh & breast, 5 tbsps Soy sauce, 2 tbsps Soju, ¼ cup Pineapple juice, ½ cup Gochujang (Red Pepper Paste), 2 tbsps Gochugaru (Red Pepper Flakes), 2 tbsps Brown sugar, 2 cloves finely minced Garlic,1 tbsp finely minced Ginger
- ① Cut chicken thigh & breast into 1 inch pieces.
- ② Add all ingredients except chicken in ablender and mix all together thoroughly.
- ③ Skewer chicken thigh and breast pieces one by one.④ Brush th sauce on th chicken skewers before grilling.
- ⑤ Cook each side thorouhtly (3~5 minutes and more if needed) : Brush more sauce 2~3 times while cooking.
- ⑥ Enjoy grilled chicken skewers with vegetables according to your preference.
Chef Jean-Georges & Marja Vongerichten
Born in France and now residing in the U.S.
A triple Michelin-starred chef Currently operating 22 restaurants in 5 countries, including the U.S. and France
Born in Korea and now residing in the U.S.
Appeared in the Kimchi Chronicles produced by PBS (2011)
Opened Kimchi Goddess in American University, Washington D.C. (2013)