- Shopping tools
“You’ve got to first pair the device with your Kia by adding it to its list of Bluetooth devices. Then simply activate Bluetooth connect to the device of your choice.”
For Bluetooth connections, you’ve got to first pair device with your Kia by adding it to the system’s list of Bluetooth devices. You can register up to five devices. Here’s how.
1) From the control panel, press the [PHONE] button, then select Phone settings > Add new device. Alternatively, you can also press the Call/Answer button on your steering wheel.
2) Activate Bluetooth on the device you want to connect. Search for your vehicle’s system and then select it.
3) Enter or confirm the password to complete connection.
* If the passkey input pop-up appears on your device, enter the password ‘0000’ which should also appear on your system screen.
* If a 6-digit password appears on your device, make sure it is the same as the password on your system screen and confirm connection from the device.
Bluetooth is supposedly cross-compatible, but there are cases when compatibility could be a problem. For instance, devices using ‘Bluetooth Smart’ can only be paired with ‘Bluetooth Smart’-compatible devices.
It’s easy to connect a paired device to your Kia - but you can connect with just one device at a time.
1) From the control panel, press the [PHONE] button, then select Phone settings > Paired devices. If there is no connected device, you can also press the Call/Answer button on the steering wheel for a quick start.
2) Turn the [TUNE] knob to select the device of your choice, then press the knob to connect.
*If another device is already connected, disconnect first by clicking on the connected device.