What items are not covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty?
- Costs associated with scheduled maintenance as detailed in the Owner's Manual.
- Damages due to factors beyond the manufacturer's control:
- Misuse of the KIA vehicle, such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing etc.
- Accidents, such as collision, fire, theft, etc.
- Alteration, modification, tampering etc.
- Damage or surface corrosion from the environment such as acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap, etc.), salt, road hazards, hail, wind storm, lightning, and acts of God.
- Cosmetic conditions or surface corrosion from stone chips or scratches in the paint.
- Any damage due to lack of maintenance, or the use of the wrong fuel, oil or lubricants, such as:
- Lack of proper maintenance as described in your Owner's Manual.
- Improper maintenance or the use of other than the specified oil or lubricants as recommended in your Owner’s Manual.
- Use of other than the specified fuel, improper fuel quality or fuel contamination.
- Normal deterioration
- Normal wear, tear or deterioration such as discolouration, fading, deformation, etc.
- Surface corrosion on any part other than the body sheet metal panels forming the exterior appearance of a KIA Vehicle.
- Any damage caused when a non-genuine KIA part or accessory has been used.
- Any defects caused by repairs or replacement by other than an Authorised KIA Dealer.
- Any damage considered to be part of normal maintenance, such as cleaning and polishing.
- Replenishment or replacement of oil, fluids, coolant, wiper blades, fan belts, filters, brake and clutch linings, spark plugs, light globes, gaskets and so on, as a result of normal wear and tear.
- Maintenance services described as 'Scheduled Maintenance Service', 'Owner Maintenance Service' or 'Appearance Care' in your Owner's Manual.
- Adjustments, such as brake and clutch adjustment, adjustment of head lamps, wheel alignment, wheel balancing, engine adjustment, etc.
- Any economic loss. This includes, without limitation, payment for loss of use of the KIA Vehicle, lodging, car rentals, travel costs, loss of pay and other expenses or damages.
- Vehicles with altered odometer reading. Any repair of a KIA vehicle on which the odometer has been altered or on which the actual distance travelled cannot be readily determined may have warranty declined.
Set Your Location
Enter your postcode to
view appropriate pricing for your area.