QCan I use my KIA vehicle for towing? Category Can I use my KIA vehicle for towing?A
Tow bars are available for many KIA Vehicles. Kia approved genuine tow bars are tested beyond the statutory requirements to ensure they provide trouble free operation.
When using your KIA Vehicle for towing you must ensure
- The vehicle is properly serviced and maintained and is properly equipped for towing;
- You comply in all respects with KIA's recommendations with respect to towing equipment, maximum loads and the correct use of the vehicle when towing;
- You comply in all respects with the manufacturer’s recommendations when using towing hitches.
Your KIA Vehicle’s actual towing capability depends upon a number of factors. This includes
- State regulations governing the amount which may be towed;
- Where the towing is to be performed;
- The vehicle’s specifications (including engine capacity and transmission type); and
- The load carrying capacity of the towing implement (towbar, braked and unbraked towing capacities, tongue and related equipment).
QWhat is the fuel consumption figure for my vehicle? Category What is the fuel consumption figure for my vehicle?A
Should you have any questions regarding fuel consumption on the various KIA Vehicles, we suggest you visit the Australian Government Green Vehicle Guide website at www.greenvehicleguide.gov.au.
While the Guide provides reliable fuel consumption figures for comparing different vehicles that have used the same test method, you may experience different results depending on driving conditions, driver behaviour and the condition of your vehicle. No test can simulate all possible combinations of traffic conditions, climate, driver behaviour and vehicle maintenance.
You may not have much control over some factors such as traffic conditions, but you do have control over others such as, how and when you drive, and how well your car is maintained.
QCan I use fuel containing ethanol in my vehicle? Category Can I use fuel containing ethanol in my vehicle?A
KIA approves the use of petrol with an Ethanol content of up to 10% (E10). The KIA New Vehicle Warranty will not cover failures or faults due to operation on fuels with an Ethanol content greater than 10% or from the use of fuels which do not meet the required standards.
KIA recommends that you discontinue using petrol blended with Ethanol if any kind of drivability problem occurs.
QWhat items are not covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty? Category What items are not covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty?A
- Costs associated with scheduled maintenance as detailed in the Owner's Manual.
- Damages due to factors beyond the manufacturer's control:
- Misuse of the KIA vehicle, such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing etc.
- Accidents, such as collision, fire, theft, etc.
- Alteration, modification, tampering etc.
- Damage or surface corrosion from the environment such as acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap, etc.), salt, road hazards, hail, wind storm, lightning, and acts of God.
- Cosmetic conditions or surface corrosion from stone chips or scratches in the paint.
- Any damage due to lack of maintenance, or the use of the wrong fuel, oil or lubricants, such as:
- Lack of proper maintenance as described in your Owner's Manual.
- Improper maintenance or the use of other than the specified oil or lubricants as recommended in your Owner’s Manual.
- Use of other than the specified fuel, improper fuel quality or fuel contamination.
- Normal deterioration
- Normal wear, tear or deterioration such as discolouration, fading, deformation, etc.
- Surface corrosion on any part other than the body sheet metal panels forming the exterior appearance of a KIA Vehicle.
- Any damage caused when a non-genuine KIA part or accessory has been used.
- Any defects caused by repairs or replacement by other than an Authorised KIA Dealer.
- Any damage considered to be part of normal maintenance, such as cleaning and polishing.
- Replenishment or replacement of oil, fluids, coolant, wiper blades, fan belts, filters, brake and clutch linings, spark plugs, light globes, gaskets and so on, as a result of normal wear and tear.
- Maintenance services described as 'Scheduled Maintenance Service', 'Owner Maintenance Service' or 'Appearance Care' in your Owner's Manual.
- Adjustments, such as brake and clutch adjustment, adjustment of head lamps, wheel alignment, wheel balancing, engine adjustment, etc.
- Any economic loss. This includes, without limitation, payment for loss of use of the KIA Vehicle, lodging, car rentals, travel costs, loss of pay and other expenses or damages.
- Vehicles with altered odometer reading. Any repair of a KIA vehicle on which the odometer has been altered or on which the actual distance travelled cannot be readily determined may have warranty declined.
QWhat about fuel containing methanol? Category What about fuel containing methanol?A
NEVER use fuel containing METHANOL, as damage to the fuel system and engine will result.
QAre KIA Parts and Accessories covered by warranty? Category Are KIA Parts and Accessories covered by warranty?A
KIA Parts and Accessories installed at the time of a retail sale of a new motor vehicle are covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty applicable to your vehicle, depending on the vehicle’s use.
If Accessories are installed by an Authorised Kia Dealer after the retail sale, they will be covered for the remainder of the KIA New Vehicle Warranty period or for 1 Year, whichever is the greater.
In the case where a replacement part is installed under the KIA New Vehicle Warranty during the vehicle’s warranty period, the part is covered for the remainder of the KIA New Vehicle Warranty period only.
KIA replacement parts and accessories that are not installed by an Authorised Kia Dealer are covered by Parts and Accessory Warranty for 1 year or 20,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first.
QWill my warranty be affected if I have the vehicle modified? Category Will my warranty be affected if I have the vehicle modified?A
The KIA New Vehicle Warranty will continue to apply to vehicles that may have been modified. However, KIA does not warrant the workmanship of, nor any part, component, assembly, equipment or accessory that has not been supplied by and approved by KIA for the specified purpose.
Should any defect be caused by or be attributable to any modification not carried out at the direction of KIA or KMAu, the KIA New Vehicle Warranty will not cover any part, component, assembly, equipment or accessory used in the modification, nor any part, component, assembly, equipment or accessory that has been damaged due to a failure which is attributable to the modification.
QIs towing covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty? Category Is towing covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty?A
If a component covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty fails as a result of poor workmanship or materials, rendering the vehicle immobile or undriveable, the cost of towing to the nearest authorised KIA dealer is generally covered under warranty.
It is recommended that you contact your nearest Authorised KIA Dealer or call KIA Customer Service on 131 KIA (131 542) for guidance regarding warranty coverage prior to arranging towing.
For vehicles eligible for Kia Roadside Assist call 131 KIA (131 542) for assistance.
QCan I convert my vehicle to use LPG? Category Can I convert my vehicle to use LPG?A
KIA does not manufacture LPG compatible engines for vehicles imported to Australia. Therefore, KIA advises that LPG should not be used in its range of petrol vehicles.
The use of LPG in an engine not specifically designed for use with this type of fuel may lead to excessive wear, drivability concerns and engine management issues.
If a LPG system is fitted to a KIA engine/vehicle, the KIA New Vehicle Warranty does not apply to the LPG system nor to any conditions/defects that are attributable to the LPG system installation or to operation of the engine using LPG.
Refer to the section - ‘Will my warranty be affected if I have the vehicle modified?’
QAre tyres covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty? Category Are tyres covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty?A
The tyre manufacturer covers the original tyres fitted to the vehicle. Should you have any concerns regarding the tyres on your vehicle, contact your Authorised KIA Service Dealer for assistance.
QWhat else do I need to do? Category What else do I need to do?A
Care should be taken to protect your vehicle from corrosion. You should inspect the body sheet-metal panels of your KIA vehicle frequently, and if you detect any stone chips or scratches in the paint or protective coating, have them repaired immediately.
If your vehicle is damaged due to an accident or any event that may cause damage to the paint, have your vehicle repaired as soon as possible.
If you drive on salted roads, or if you drive near the ocean, you should flush the under-body of the vehicle at least once a month with clean water. If you carry special cargo such as chemicals, fertilisers, de-icing salt, or other corrosive substance, be sure that such materials are well packaged and sealed.
QIs the battery covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty? Category Is the battery covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty?A
The battery on KIA Vehicles is covered for 2 years (unlimited kilometres) from the warranty start date.
QFactors Affecting Fuel Consumption Category Factors Affecting Fuel ConsumptionA
- High speeds - Driving fast will result in high fuel consumption.
- Aerodynamic drag - Parts on the exterior of a vehicle such as roof racks and spoilers, or having the window open, increases air resistance and fuel consumption.
- Air Conditioning - Air conditioners use extra fuel when operating.
- Vehicle Load - The more a vehicle carries, the more fuel it uses. This includes carrying passengers, carrying loads in the vehicle and towing.
- Repeated Short Distance Driving.
- Frequently Driving in Stop and Go Conditions.
QWhat do they mean by ‘wear and tear’? Category What do they mean by ‘wear and tear’?A
Wear and tear is defined as the gradual reduction in operating performance of a part or parts having regard to the age of the vehicle, the distance it has travelled and the operating conditions.
Examples of wear and tear components include but are not limited to brake pads, discs and drums, clutches, sparkplugs, air and fuel filters etc.
Wear and tear is not covered by warranty.
QIf my vehicle breaks down, is towing covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty? Category If my vehicle breaks down, is towing covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty?A
In the unlikely event you should suffer a breakdown as a result of a defect which is covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty and the vehicle cannot be driven (or cannot be driven safely) & if your vehicle is eligible for roadside assistance, you should contact the nearest Authorised KIA Dealer to arrange for transportation of your vehicle.
For vehicles eligible for Kia Roadside Assist call 131 KIA (131 542) for assistance
QCan I use bio-diesel in my vehicle? Category Can I use bio-diesel in my vehicle?A
On Common Rail Direction Injection (CRDi) engines, fuel quality is of the utmost importance. In Australia, Fuel Quality and Standards are set down in the Fuel Quality Standards Act 2000.
All KIA diesel vehicles must use fuel conforming to the European Standard EN590 (or comparable equivalent). For CRDi vehicles, Bio-diesel fuel may be used up to a 5% limit (B5), providing the bio-diesel component meets the EN14214 standard (or equivalent) AND the blended diesel/bio-diesel fuel meets the EN590 standard. Use of fuels which do not meet these standards (EN590, EN14214 or their equivalents) may cause driveability issues, and may lead to increased wear and/or damage to fuel system and engine components.
KIA warranty will not cover failures or faults due to vehicle operation on fuels with a bio-diesel content greater than 5% (B5) or from the use of fuels which do not meet the required standards.
Set Your Location
Enter your postcode so
we can return appropriate pricing for your area.