Finance Explained | Kia Motors UK
PERSONAL CONTRACT PURCHASE (PCP)
A flexible and popular plan that provides you with the option to change your car on a regular basis.
At the start of the agreement we’ll set an optional final payment for your car, this will be based upon your chosen agreement term and approximate annual mileage.
You pay a deposit and then make monthly repayments based on the outstanding loan balance less the optional final payment.
At the end of the monthly repayment period you’ll have three options:
Pay the optional final payment and take ownership of the car
Hand back the car with nothing more to pay. Subject to mileage and fair wear and tear. If electing to hand the vehicle back at the end of contract, any mileage in excess of the agreed limit will be chargeable at 9p per mile (Inc. VAT) for all models.
Part exchange the car and use any equity as a deposit on your next car (if any available, which cannot be guaranteed)
What else do I need to know?
- Typical repayment periods are over 25, 31 and 37 months.
- The optional final payment is based on your repayment period and mileage. This can be set from 6,000 to 30,000 miles per annum.
- The car can be up to 47 months old and 50,000 miles at the start of the agreement and must not exceed 84 months/ 100,000 miles at the end of the agreement.
- A maximum of 50% deposit is allowed and the minimum loan amount is £3,000.
- You will not own the vehicle until all monthly repayments are made, including the optional final payment.
- We may choose to offer you an alternative product as part of our underwriting conditions which may include a Fixed Sum Loan with OFP. Your dealer will make you aware of this after your application for finance has been received and assessed by us
- It is important that you carefully consider whether you can afford the payments and you should also consider any changes in your circumstances that might affect your ability to make the payments
- You do not own the goods until such time as you have paid all amounts due under the agreement.
- You will be responsible for any loss of, or damage to, or deterioration of the goods, except through fair wear and tear.
- If the goods are a total loss because they are lost, stolen, destroyed or damaged so badly that the insurer decides they are not worth repairing you will be immediately liable for any arrears accrued before the date of the total loss and the rest of the total amount payable under the agreement less a rebate for early repayment as required by law.
- The goods can be repossessed in the case of default. However if you have paid at least one third of the total amount payable we may not take back the goods against your wishes unless we get a court order. In Scotland we may need to get a court order at any time. If we do take the goods without your consent or a court order, you have the right to get back any money that you have paid under the agreement.
- It is important that you keep up with the repayments due under the agreement at the times required by the agreement. If you do not, then some or all of the following may arise:
- 1. Your credit rating may be reduced making it more difficult or expensive for you to obtain credit in the future.
- 2. We will take steps to recover the money you owe us. This may include taking action through our collections department, a debt collection or similar agency. We may also take legal action to take back the vehicle and in some circumstances take further legal action to recover sums remaining due which may include applying for a court order for the sale of your home.
T&Cs Apply. Subject to status. 18s or over. Guarantee may be required. Kia Finance RH2 9AQ.
PERSONAL MOTOR LOAN (PML)
A simple and traditional way to finance your car over a fixed period for a fixed monthly amount.
Personal contract purchase for pcp, as it's known, is a flexible plan designed to help you change your car on a regular basis with PCP. You have a number of elements to consider, the deposit, the annual mileage, the length of the agreement and the optional final payment. You decide what level of deposit; if any, you want to put towards the purchase of the car. You also choose your repayment period, finally you set your anticipated annual mileage and this combined with your repayment period will determine your optional final payment. Your interest rate is fixed so all your monthly repayments are the same, at the end of the repayment period you have three choices, you can hand the car back to us with nothing further to pay - providing the car hasn't exceeded the aggrieved mileage and is within fair wear and tear guidelines, you can pay the optional final payment and the car becomes yours or you can putt exchange the car using any equity over and above the optional final payment as deposit on your next car. So let's recap, a personal contract purchase plan gives you fixed monthly repayments the option to include a deposit and a choice of repayment periods at the end of the agreement. You can either return the car with no further costs providing the car hasn't exceeded the agreed mileage and is within fair wear and tear guidelines, you can pay the optional final payment and the car is yours, or part exchange it and use any equity as a deposit on your next car. As with all our finance products there are no arrangement or purchase fees, if you'd like to know more about personal contract purchase - please speak to your dealer representative.
You pay a deposit then make regular monthly repayments to repay the balance, it’s that simple.
As your interest rate is fixed you’ll know exactly how much you’ll repay at the outset of the agreement.
Only once all monthly repayments have been made will you own the car