Kia Care Service Plans - Terms and Conditions | Kia UK
Kia Care service plans are administered on behalf of Kia (UK) Ltd by EMaC Ltd.
Kia Care service plans covering the first scheduled service must be purchased within 11 calendar months from the date of first registration of the vehicle (5 months for petrol Stinger models). All Kia Care service plans must be bought at least one month before the first scheduled visit covered by the plan, to allow time for administration. Kia Care service plans cover specified scheduled services in line with Manufacturers time/mileage recommendations but do not include additional maintenance or repair for wear & tear items such as tyres, brake pads, bulbs, drive belts and fluid top up’s between services, etc. Kia Care service plans cover the cost of the parts, lubricants and labour involved in the scheduled services for specific months or miles, whichever milestone is reached sooner. Kia Care service plans are developed for customers covering a maximum annual mileage matching the standard service interval, e.g., up to 11,000 miles where the scheduled interval is 10,000 miles per annum plus 1,000 miles grace period.
If the Kia Care service plan has been purchased using a direct debit payment plan then the plan must be fully paid for before the first service is claimed.
Should you purchase a service plan and exceed the annual mileage or present the car late for the service, certain additional service components on your car may need replacing - for which your dealer will charge you separately. This includes any additional parts, labour and oils required due to exceeding the mileage or time interval. Kia Care service plans are only applicable to parts and lubricants supplied and labour charges in the UK, although Kia Care may be purchased in respect of vehicles purchased in other parts of the EEC. Servicing conducted under Kia Care service plans must be carried out in line with the manufacturer’s time and mileage recommendations. Service due dates are taken form the First Date of Registration of the vehicle. You can arrange for servicing under a Kia Care service plan to be carried out by any Kia Dealer or Authorised Repairer within the UK. Kia Care service plans do not cover items that require replacement or repair due to excess wear and tear, misuse or a lack of maintenance as described in the owners handbook. Any form of tuning or modification to your vehicle will invalidate Kia Care service plan, without the need for evidence that the tuning or modification has adversely affected your vehicle.
Replacement pollen filters
Replacement pollen filters are included in Kia Care service plans. Replacement pollen filters are included in the services at 24, 48 and 72 months or equivalent mileages. These are included in addition to the manufacturer’s scheduled service requirement.
Value Added Tax (VAT) at a rate of 20% is included in the purchase price.
Cancellations & Transfers
Should you wish to cancel your Kia Care service plan, you have the right to do so within 14 days of purchase, providing you have not made use of it. Kia Care service plans cannot be cancelled/refunded after 14 days from purchase. Kia Care service plans are assigned to the vehicle and not the owner. Therefore the Kia Care service plan is transferable to subsequent owners but cannot be transferred to another vehicle.
High Mileage Users
Kia Care service plan ‘high mileage’ options are also available for some models where the service interval allows. Higher mileage users are defined as an annual mileage of between 11,001 to 20,000 miles. Kia Care service plans for higher mileage users cover the first 3 services only.
MOT Test Fee
Customers can purchase MOT tests for £35 per MOT test, for use at participating dealers. These are intended to be applied at the service visits annually from 36 months (3 rd service) onwards. The MOT test fee is for the Government MOT test and excludes the cost of any required repairs. MOT fee is zero rated for VAT. MOT offer excludes Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. Valid at participating dealers only.
November 2022 Promotion
• This offer is only available in conjunction with a Kia Care Service Plan purchased online between 00:01 am on 1st November 2022 and 23:59 on 31st November 2022.
• Offer excludes Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
• Customers will receive a booking code from MLP once purchasing their Kia Care Service Plan and have 18 months to book their hotel overnight stay.
• The offer is for 1 Free Overnight Hotel Stay. Full T&Cs below.
• The following are not eligible to participate:
a. Employees of Kia, or any company within the same group of companies as Kia, their agents or anyone else professionally associated with the promotion and their families;
b. Other persons assisting with this promotion;
c. Any person not being a natural person;
d. Any syndicate or collection of persons acting in concert;
e. Any person using the services of or which is an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) promotions.
Free Overnight Hotel Stay Terms and Conditions
• This offer entitles customers to stay for one night, on a room only basis free of charge with no obligation to purchase meals or beverages.
• This offer can only be redeemed by the eligible customer this gift was issued to and cannot be transferred, gifted or sold.
• Please refer to your directory and/or accompanying letter for details of when you need to book and take your break by.
• The free one night stay offer can only be redeemed against the cost of accommodation at participating hotels.
• Reservations can only be made between one and fourteen days inclusive in advance of the first night's stay.
• Bookings can only be made through MLP's central reservations number. Any booking or enquiries made directly with the hotel will not be honoured.
• The offer is based on two adults sharing a standard twin or double room. Room upgrades (e.g. to a family room) to include additional guests are chargeable and are to be paid for at the time of booking.
• Children are subject to the individual hotel's normal children rates and reservations. Children may not utilise the offer.
• All stays are subject to the hotel's availability for the offer. This availability will fluctuate throughout the year. Some hotels operate a strict room allocation policy for promotional bookings.
• This offer does not apply to reservations that include public or bank holiday periods in the UK and Ireland, Valentine's Day, Easter, Christmas and New Year periods. Availability may be limited during other key periods e.g. Mother's Day and school holidays.
• The offer applies to bookings made in advance and does not apply to guests altering a visit after a booking is made.
• Meals and beverages are not included in the offer. Any payment for meals and beverages will need to be settled with the hotel at the time of purchase or when checking out of the hotel.
• A charge will apply for room upgrades/special facilities (sea/lake view/four poster beds) or any other such supplements e.g. pet supplements.
• Any extra nights' accommodation or room upgrades are chargeable and are to be paid at the time of booking. Bookings are made on a non-transferable basis; rooms are pre-paid for and reserved prior to arrival in accordance with the original booking.
• If a booking is cancelled your unique booking number will become void and no monies will be refunded. Any payments made for room upgrades, or meals for the length of your stay will not be refunded.
• If booking more than one night's accommodation up to 100% of any additional nights will be charged. Any changes to your booking will be treated as a cancellation.
• Prices for any extra nights, room upgrades and meals are valid at date of this offer going live but may be liable to change.
• A maximum of one unique booking number can be used on a single booking. Separate bookings, which are believed to be part of the same party, may not combine their unique booking numbers to create a consecutive night stay.
• Only one unique booking number can be used per stay. • Hotels featured and all information is correct at time of this offer going live but may be liable to change.
• Each hotel has confirmed its willingness to participate in this promotion. The Promoter or any associated partner cannot be held responsible for any hotel subsequently declining acceptance of a booking using the offer.
• Each featured and participating venue holds the right to enforce rules and guidelines to comply with public health best practices during the COVID-19 outbreak and aftermath. This can include but is not limited to reduced guest allowances and crowd management, stricter cleaning practices and rotas and social distancing rules. As a result, we respectfully ask you acknowledge there may be some service restrictions alongside your booking. Further information regarding venue restrictions and/or enforced rules will be provided on request when contacting the venue. We recommend you enquire about reduced service(s) prior to your visit to avoid any disappointment.
• The terms and conditions of each hotel apply.
• Cost of travel to the hotel and the cost of any travel or holiday insurance associated with the use of the 'one night free offer' is excluded and is entirely at the expense of each individual. Spending money is not included within the offer.
• The Promoter and any associated partner shall not be liable for any failure or breach by individual hotels and accept no responsibility for any loss suffered by any participant of the promotion.
• This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions or discount schemes, or cards generated by either the participating hotels or MLP.
• No cash alternatives will be offered.
• The unique booking code has no cash value and is not transferable.
• The promoter or any associated partner accepts no liability for loss caused, damage to property or personal injury whilst on the premises of individual hotels, whether caused by the acts or omission of any third party.
• This promotion is provided by MLP, The Cow Shed, Walnut Tree Farm, Lower Stretton, Cheshire WA4 4PG. Telephone 01565 832865.
• Each entrant acknowledges that Kia will use entrants’ personal data to facilitate the mechanics of this promotion and the winner’s personal data in publicity.
• The customer may be required to participate in reasonable publicity connected with the promotion with no further recompense.
• The customer must not do anything which could, in the reasonable opinion of Kia, bring Kia or anyone else professionally associated with the promotion into disrepute before, during or after this promotion.
• The promoter is Kia UK Limited, Walton Green, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey KT12 1FJ (company number 04415807).
• Kia’s decision on all aspects of this promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• Kia is responsible for the publication and adjudication of the prize draw. Provision of the reward is the responsibility of Kia.
• Kia reserves the right to refuse to award the reward to anyone whom it reasonably believes is in breach of these terms and conditions. In such cases, Kia also reserves the right to disallow rewards already awarded and demand return or repayment for the value of the reward awarded thereafter. Kia may re-award the promotion as it sees fit but shall not be obliged to do so.
• These terms and conditions are subject to English law and any dispute arising out of these terms and conditions or their subject matter is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts, provided that if you are a resident of Scotland you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.