What Personal Information do we hold?
We hold information relating to your vehicle, including service history, inspections and health checks and any relevant dates such as next/last service and NCT dates. We also store your name and mailing address and contact information.
What do we use it for?
Your personal information is used so that we can send you special offers including vouchers and information relating to your vehicle. We receive and store any information that you enter on our site or application. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features, such as service and NCT reminders, targeted offers relating to your interests. E-mail marketing: to help us ensure that the offers we provide and communicate to you are of interest, we try to receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail that we have sent.
Service and exclusion
We strive to make the MyKia Platform and MyKia App bug free, however given the nature of software development we cannot guarantee fault-free operation of the platform at all times.
What about Cookies?
Cookies – simple text files stored on your computer – are used by most web sites so that the site can ‘remember’ you. ‘Session cookies’ only last for the duration of your current visit. ‘Persistent cookies’ endure between visits.
Cookies are linked to a website’s address. When a site that you visit creates a cookie associated with its own address, this is referred to as a ‘first-party cookie’. If the site contains content provided by a different site and this creates a cookie when you visit the first site, then this is known as a ‘third-party cookie’. Third-party cookies can be used to track your browsing habits and to target advertising and marketing.
The operation of this site relies on a session cookie so that, once you have signed in, the site can deliver pages specific to you, showing, for example, your personal details associated with your account.
No personal details are saved in this cookie – it is only used so that the site can recognise you.
If you tick the ‘Remember me on this computer’ box on the Sign In page, a persistent cookie is used so that the next time you come to this page it can remember your username.
In order to monitor visitors’ experience of using this site, it uses Google Analytics to provide statistical information such as the number of visits each page receives. Google Analytics only uses first-party cookies, and none of these collects any personal information.
Do we share your information?
We do not sell any of your information onto third parties. We use third party services to send out mail and email marketing. Details such as name, address and email address are provided in order for us to provide this service. These relationships are tightly controlled by third party agreements which protect your information from being passed on.
MyKia & MyKia App Terms and Conditions:
Access to this MyKia site and MyKia App and the use of the information contained on it is governed by the terms and conditions set out below. Since they are for the protection of both you and Kia Motors Ireland, a company having its registered office at Unit A8, Calmount Park, Calmount Road, Dublin 12 (herein referred to as “Kia Ireland”), please take the time to read them carefully. By using this website or app you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
1. Participants in the MyKia scheme must be Kia drivers who are resident in the Republic Of Ireland and aged 18 years or older.
2. Your personal information is being collected so that we can administer your membership and send you communications regarding your vehicle, MyKia rewards, activities, promotional offers and other news from Kia. By registering, you hereby consent to the collection and use (as described) of your personal information.
3. The membership issued to you remains the property of Kia Ireland and we reserve the right, at any time to:
- Amend the operating conditions of the MyKia membership or MyKia App.
- Terminate the MyKia platform or MyKia App.
- To decline to issue a MyKia membership.
- Withdraw or cancel a previously issued MyKia membership on reasonable grounds.
Reasonable grounds include, but are not limited to:
- Actual or attempted abuse;
- Actual or attempted use of a MyKia account, MyKia App or reward in contravention of the prevailing Terms and Conditions;
- Suspicion of fraudulent activity
4. The membership is not transferable, and may only be used by the person to whom it is issued.
5. MyKia retail offers are redeemable online only. Unless otherwise stated.
6. An issued membership and its security remains the responsibility of the holder at all times.
7. The MyKia membership and MyKia App is intended for personal customer use within your preferred authorised Kia dealership (as selected at point of registration) and cannot be used in conjunction with retail offers or other Kia partner offers which are deemed online offers only.
8. Your MyKia rewards and any other Kia partner offers may be viewed online, for which a unique username and password will be required.
9. MyKia rewards may not be redeemed in conjunction with any other offers or promotion.
11. The activities of any third party promotional partners who may from time to time be included in the scheme are outside of our control and we are not responsible for and have no liability in relation to any goods, services or facilities which you purchase from any such third party promotional partners. The inclusion of a third party promotional partner does not imply any endorsement by us of the participant or association with it. Except as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions, to the greatest extent permitted by law, all warranties, conditions, representations, undertakings, statements, terms and provisions express or implied by statute, common law or otherwise are excluded by us. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer i.e. your rights in respect of the supply of goods or services to you.
12. To the greatest extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable for any loss, damage or other liability that you may suffer arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or otherwise, whether under theories of contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise. In no way shall we be liable for special, incidental, indirect or economic loss or damage, however it may arise, including as a loss of time, loss of savings, loss of data, loss of business, loss of revenue, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill or loss of profits
13. These Terms and Conditions and your MyKia registration contain the entire agreement between you and us in relation to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Ireland.
14. Copyright on this site or app and the information set out on them belongs to us or our licensors and may not be copied, transmitted or reproduced without our prior consent. All copyright, trademarks and other proprietary notices must be left intact.
15. Some pages on this site or app contain hypertext links to websites not maintained by Kia Ireland. You are reminded that when you enter other websites via such hypertext links, you will not be subject to these terms and conditions and you will not benefit from the protections afforded to you in using our site. We will not be liable in any way for the content, availability or use of such link to websites and you use such links entirely at your own risk.
16. You warrant that you will use this site in accordance with all the terms and conditions applying to such use and you agree to indemnify Kia Ireland for any liability accruing to us from your use of this site.
17. No third party is permitted to link any other website to this site without obtaining Kia Ireland’s prior written consent.
The information contained in this site is for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in its preparation we do not make any warranties or representations as to its completeness, accuracy or reliability. Although we have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all information on the site is accurate at the time of inclusion, we do not represent that this is the case and it should not be relied upon as such. We neither accept nor assume any responsibility to you in relation to the contents of this site. In no event do we accept liability of any description for any damages resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the access, use or performance of this site or any of its contents. We reserve the right to update or alter the information on this site including these terms and conditions at any time without giving notice of the alterations. Kia Ireland do not give any warranty of uninterrupted use of this site nor do we accept liability for any information posted on this site by third parties.
19. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk.
20. Kia Ireland may use any details supplied by you to us for direct marketing or otherwise about the products and services provided by Kia Ireland or its subsidiaries. All personal data will be handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 – 2003.
21. Kia Ireland may disclose your identity to relevant parties to aid any investigation.
22. You may cancel your membership at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 20 business days for your cancellation to take effect
23. Kia Ireland reserves the right to cancel the MyKia program or MyKia App at any time, for any reason.
24. When requesting a booking for a service or appointment through the MyKia platform or MyKia app, your local Kia dealer will contact you by phone or email to confirm your booking.
25. The provision of the services and functionalities of the MyKia App depends on the functional capacity of your smartphone and on the local receiving and transmission quality of the respective network operators and may be limited or impaired, in particular by atmospheric conditions, topographic conditions, the position of your smartphone as well as by obstacles (e.g. bridges and buildings). The utilization of the services and functionalities offered through the MyKia App requires that the mobile radio network required for the SIM card installed in your smartphone is functional and ready for operation.
26. The "KIA Customer Hotline" function of the MyKia App is a European-wide customer hotline for KIA vehicles. In Europe, each country has its own telephone number. The communication charges incurred when using the "KIA Customer Hotline" may vary de-pending on country and provider; the costs shall be borne by the User.
In case of a vehicle breakdown, the User can make a voice call to the KIA Emergency Service via the respective function of the MyKia App. If the User has consented, the current location of the User or his/her vehicle, respectively, can be determined in such a case. For using the MyKia App with a transmission of the location, internet connection is required. The location can only be transmitted when the User's smartphone can transmit a valid position and the User's mobile phone number has been stored in the settings. The exact position of the User may not be determined if the transmission is made from inside a building. It is not possible to derive the User's exact location (e.g. inside a building) from the position transmitted by him/her. Transmission of the location is recommended because that will facilitate the localization of the User's broken down vehicle and because it will not be necessary to describe the position of the smartphone. It will also replace the often difficult description of the location on the phone.
KIA Motors Ireland does not assume any responsibility or liability for the disclosure of user data due to faults in the data transmission and/or in case of an unauthorized access to the MyKia App by a third party.