TECHNOLOGYOur cars are getting smarter and safer
Head-Up DisplayA Head-Up display presents graphics in perspectives, driving related data and other differentiated content (e.g. side and rear alter) on the wind shield. You can drive more safely because you don't have to look away from your viewpoint.
Full Size TFT LCD ClusterA variety of user-friendly content is displayed on a 12.3 inch full size color cluster LCD to assist our safer and more convenient driving.
Around View Monitoring SystemFour cameras mounted on the exterior of your car shows you parking and driving space available to make your parking and drive easier in a limited space.
Smart Parking Assistance SystemThis system uses ultrasonic sensors mounted on the front bumper of your car to recognize space around you and automatically controls the steering wheel to help you park your car easily.
Navigation SystemIT based UVO service allows you to receive a wide range of information on your car and centrally operate different multimedia devices to make your driving more convenient one.
- DIS Navigation
- Equipped with IntelⓇ Atom™Processor and an SSD storage, this navigation system presents locational information on a 9.2 inch wide display and allows you to centrally operate interface functions.
- Touchscreen Entry
- You can enter text information on the devoted screen easily by using a set of keys and touch buttons.
- With this system, music, videos and images stored on a USB flash memory can be transfered to an embedded memory for play or view. When songs are played, detailed information on each of them including the title, artist, album and genre is displayed using data from Grace Note.
NVH - We convert noise and vibration
Noise and vibration have an impact on the way you feel while you drive.
into a pleasant experience
We go beyond removing noise and vibration to create a pleasant sound out of them.
Technology to make your car more silentOne of the key factors to handling NVH is to minimize tiny quirking sound from contact between, for example, components and the road and the tires.
- Technology to reduce noise from engine mount
- The largest source of noise in a car is the engine. Kia develops or improves the device to securely fasten the engine to reduce noise and vibrations.
- Sound absorbing and insulating material
- We apply sound absorbing carpets to our cars to keep out noise from contact between the tires and the road and refine the shape of external fixtures such as mirrors to reduce noise from wind.
- Technology to reduce noise from the body
- The body of a car has holes drilled for assembly of components, through which noise is transmitted. We reduce the number and size of such holes in an effort to minimize noise.
Active noise control to remove sound with another soundThis technology provides an ability to identify the frequency, volume, tone and other attributes of noise coming into the cabin and emits a sound wave with the same amplitude but with inverted phase to the noise. It can also minimize unnecessary structures to further reduce noise, ultimately achieving better fuel efficiency.
Technology to make pleasant soundWe design all sounds coming from your car, including those from the doors, indicators and even alerts, so that they can be pleasant to hear.
- Active Sound Design
- This technology allows you to choose from multiple engine sounds to make your drive more fun. Options include regular, sporty and silent.
- Virtual Engine Sound System
- This technology is applied to eco-friendly vehicles running on motors to make virtual engine sound to let pedestrians know that a car is coming their way.