FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Promotion available to customers who order a new qualifying Picanto or Rio Pulse vehicle from a participating authorised Kia dealer between 1 July 2017 and 30 September 2017 inclusive in the UK. (The promotion does not apply to vehicles ordered from the Channel Islands or Isle of Man.) The promotion is only available from Kia Insurance by telephone and cannot be obtained online.
2. The promotion only applies to all-new Picanto or special edition Rio Pulse vehicles built to the manufacturer’s UK specification and ordered in person or on the phone from an authorised and participating Kia Motors UK dealer.
3. The promotion is not available in relation to modified vehicles other than those with official optional extras fitted and sold by the manufacturer, or an official Kia dealer at the date of purchase. No performance enhancing modifications will be permitted.
4. The insurance must be taken out within 7 days of vehicle registration.
5. The promotion is available to private retail customers only and excludes customers purchasing on personal contract hire. It is not available to employees of Kia.
6. The customer must be the registered keeper and main driver of the vehicle and policyholder on the Kia Insurance policy. In addition to the customer, no more than two named drivers may be named on the free Kia Insurance policy. All drivers are subject to the same eligibility criteria and these terms.
7. The insurance is only available to customers who meet the standard underwriting acceptance conditions for Kia Insurance and eligibility criteria.
8. The promotion applies only to the Kia Insurance annual motor insurance policy and excludes any customer selected insurance ancillary products.
9. The customer must have held a motor insurance policy in their own name and have earned a minimum of one year’s no claims discount immediately prior to the date of inception of the Kia Insurance policy, unless otherwise agreed. They will be required to provide evidence of their no claims discount in the form of a letter from their previous insurer or the current renewal invitation if applicable.
10. Kia will cover the cost of the premium and insurance premium tax relating to the customer’s Kia Insurance annual motor insurance policy. The customer is responsible for any additional charges including where applicable for cancellation or changes to the policy.
11. The customer must keep the vehicle at the main address stated on the policy.
12. Kia reserves the right to withdraw this promotion at any time which is subject to availability.
13. There is no cash alternative and it is non-transferable.
15. The promotion is subject to English law.
16. Comprehensive insurance for 12 calendar months from date of inception.
17. Territorial Limits of the policy:
• Full comprehensive cover for 12 months within Great Britain, Northern Ireland, The Channel Islands and The Isle of Man.
• Full comprehensive cover for up to 90 days in the EU plus Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Serbia and Switzerland. Any period beyond that cover is limited to third party liability for property and bodily injury liability.
18. Cover includes social, domestic and pleasure, commuting and, if required, certain business use (classes one and two). Cover provides third party insurance to drive other vehicles.
19. Standard policy excess for all drivers: £150 for accidental damage, fire, theft, attempted theft or malicious damage.
20. Additional excess for young/ inexperienced drivers applies as follows: (a) drivers aged 21 to 24, excess of £200 (b) drivers aged 25 and over who hold a full EU licence to drive a private motor vehicle but for less than one year, excess of £150.
21. The cover includes protection of a customer’s no claims discount at no additional cost to the customer, provided the customer supplies sufficient evidence to Kia Insurance within 21 days of inception of the policy that the customer has a minimum of 4 years no claims discount at the beginning of the policy.
22. Kia Insurance is arranged and administered by Original Insurance Services Limited.
23. For full details on the Kia insurance policy, please read the policy document and key facts at www.kiacarinsurance.co.uk
Driver’s eligibility criteria
24. All drivers on the policy must:
• be aged 21–79 at the start of the policy;
• hold a current full UK or EU licence for a private motor vehicle;
• have held a current, full UK or EU licence for a minimum of 1 year; and
• be permanently resident in the UK and have been so for a minimum of 2 years.
25. The following drivers are excluded:
• Drivers who have been disqualified from driving or who have had their licence revoked for any reason within the last 5 years.
• Drivers with more than 2 minor convictions within the last 3 years. Minor convictions are those with convictions codes CU, MW, PC, PL, SP, TS only.
• Drivers with any other convictions in the last 2 years.
• Drivers with more than one fault or theft claim within the last 3 years, excluding windscreen claims.
• Drivers with an unspent non-motoring conviction.
• Drivers who have had a motor insurance policy cancelled or voided, or had special terms imposed.
26. References to Kia refer to Kia Motors (UK) Limited, registered in England and Wales No. 04415807 at Walton, Green, Walton-On-Thames, Surrey, KT12 1FJ. If you have any questions on the promotion or these terms and conditions, please contact us by phone on 0330 102 8827.
27. Kia Motors Insurance Services insurance (also referred to as Kia Insurance) is arranged and administered by Original Insurance Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registered Address: Batchworth House, Church Street, Rickmansworth, Herts, WD3 8PT and is and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. It is underwritten by Allianz Insurance plc, registered in England No. 84638 at 57 Ladymead, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1DB. Allianz Insurance plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 121849