As used in this manual (unless otherwise specifically stated):
“KIA” means Kia Motors Corporation, 231, Yangjae-Dong, Seocho-GU, Seoul, Korea
“Mobis” means Hyundai Mobis, Rodamco Tower 679-4 Yeoksam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea which is a designated spare parts or accessories supplier.
“Kia Vehicle” means a new Motor Vehicle of Kia brand which is warrantable under the terms and condition of this manual.
“Authorized Kia Dealer” means a person or an entity authorized by Kia to sell or service the Kia Vehicle or perform repairs under the warranty in this manual.
“Parts” means the spare parts or accessories that are provided by Kia or Mobis for the replacement of the spare parts or accessories of the Kia Vehicle.
“Date of First Service” means the first date Kia Vehicle is delivered to the first retail customer, leased, or placed into service as company vehicle (e.g., as a demonstrator, rental or fleet vehicle), whichever is earliest.
Welcome from KIA
The latest engineering techniques have been incorporated into the design and production of your Kia Vehicle. From the moment you get behind the wheel of your new Kia Vehicle, you will notice how satisfying it feels; a feeling you will also be pleased by how strongly we stand behind every Kia Vehicle.
The New Vehicle 60 Months/160,000 Kilometers (36 Months/100,000 kilometer for vehicle use for public conveyance). Warranty described in this manual is one of the finest available.
Together with your Owner’s Manual, this manual details the Warranties and maintenance intervals we recommend you follow to maximize the performance of your Kia Vehicle.
In addition, your Authorized Kia Dealer will take care of your service needs using genuine Kia Parts.
They will do all they can to ensure that your Kia Vehicle continues to exceed all of your expectations.
At Kia, it is not enough to sell vehicles that look pleasing in the showroom. We are committed to making sure you enjoy your Kia Vehicle for years to come.
1. Warranty Coverage at a Glance
This overview chart illustrates warranty coverage and term by months and kilometers. Please refer to the appropriate sections in this manual for detailed information regarding each of these warranties.
Note: Locally supplied battery will be warranted by the battery manufacturer
Tires are warranted by the tire manufacturer.
K2700 rear body is warranted for 2 years or 50,000 kilometers, whichever comes first.
1. THE WARRANTY MAY NOT BE HONORED TO THE KIA VEHICLE WHICH IS NOT PURCHASED FROM THE AUTHORIZED KIA DEALER.
2. THE WARRANTY MAY NOT BE HONORED TO THE KIA VEHICLE USED FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES. THE KIA VEHICLE FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSESS MEANS THE VEHICLE OPERATED COMMERCIALLY TO MAKE PROFITS LIKE TAXI, SHUTTLE, ETC.
2. What is Covered
Kia Motors Corporation warrants that your new Kia Vehicle is free from defects in material or workmanship, subject to the following terms and conditions. An Authorized Kia Dealer will make necessary repairs, using new Parts, to correct any problems covered by this limited warranty without charge to you.
i. The Warranty Period
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty is divided into various periods. Each period begins on the date the vehicle is sold to the first retail purchaser or put into service, whichever occur first. Any remaining portion to the warranty is fully transferrable to subsequent owners.
ii. Basic Warranty Coverage
Except as limited or excluded below, all components of your new Kia Vehicle are covered for 60 months or 160,000 kilometers (36 months or 100,000 km for public conveyance) whichever comes first, from the earlier date of either retail delivery or first use of the Kia Vehicle.
The items specified below are covered for periods different from the basic coverage.
· Air Conditioner Refrigerant Charge
Air conditioner refrigerant charge is covered for the first 12 months of the warranty period regardless of the mileage. Over the balance of the warranty period, refrigerant charge is covered only when replenished as part of warranty repair.
The original battery is fully covered for the first 12 months of the warranty period regardless of the mileage.
· Audio System
The original equipment local audio system installed is fully warranted by the respective audio system manufacturer, however KIA plant installed audio system will be warranted by KIA (refer to Warranty Coverage at a Glance).
iv. Limited Liability
The liability of Kia under this warranty is limited solely to the repair of replacement of defective Kia supplied materials/parts or workmanship by an Authorized Kia Dealer at its place of business, and specifically does not include any expenses for or related to transportation to such a dealer or payment for loss of use of the Kia Vehicle during the warranty repair.
3. What is Not Covered
i. Damaged Due to Factors Beyond the Manufacturer’s Control
Examples of these factors include, but are not limited to:
· Misuse of the Kia Vehicle such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing, etc. (Proper usage is described in your Owner’s Manual).
· Accident such as collision, fire, theft, riot, etc.
· Alteration, modification, tampering, etc.
· Damage or surface corrosion form the environment such as acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree, sap, etc.) salt, road hazards, hail, wind storm, lightning, floods and other acts of God.
· Cosmetic condition or surface condition form stone chips or scratches in the paint.
ii. Damage due to Lack of Maintenance or the Use of Wrong Fuel, Oil or Lubricants
· Lack of proper maintenance as described in your Owner’s Manual.
· Improper maintenance or the use of other than specified fuel, oil or lubricants recommended in your Owner’s Manual.
iii. Normal Deterioration
· Normal wear, tear or deterioration such as discoloration, fading deformation, etc.
· Surface corrosion on any part other than body sheet metal panels forming the exterior appearance of a Kia Vehicle.
iv. Normal Maintenance
· Normal maintenance services such as: cleaning and polishing, minor adjustments, lubrication, oil/fluid changes, filters, anti-freeze coolant replenishment, wheel alignment and tire rotation unless such services are performed as part of a covered warrantable repair.
· Normal maintenance items are warranted in normal service, only when the replacement is the result of a defect in material or workmanship, for 3 months from the date of original retail delivery or date of first use, or 5,000 kilometer, whichever occurs first, or up to the first scheduled maintenance replacement interval. (such as belts, brake pads and linings, filters, wiper blades and bulbs, high tension cord.)
· Normal deterioration or wear of any part.
o Spark plugs, Worn brake pads/linings, Worn clutch lining, Filters, Bulbs and Fuses, other wear and consumable items.
· Maintenance services described as “Scheduled Maintenance Services”, “Owner Maintenance Services” or in your Owner’s Manual.
v. Altered Mileage
· Any repair of a Kia Vehicle on which the odometer has been altered or on which the actual mileage cannot be readily determined.
(When replacing the speedometer, the “Speedometer Replacement Record” on the inside front cover must be filled in by an Authorized Kia Dealer.)
vi. Extra Expenses and Damages
· Any economic loss or other incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages. This includes without limitation, payment for loss of use of the Kia Vehicle, lodging, car rentals, travel costs, loss of pay and any other expenses or damages.
· Tires are warranted by the tire manufacturer.
viii. Production Changes
· Kia and its Authorized Kia Dealers reserve the right to make changes in vehicles built and/or sold by Kia and its Authorized Kia Dealers at any time without incurring any obligation to make the same or similar changes on vehicles previously built/or sold.
4. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
You are responsible for properly operating and maintaining your Kia Vehicle in accordance with the instructions described in your Owner’s Manual. If your vehicle is used under severe driving conditions, you should follow the maintenance requirements described in your Owner’s Manual for severe driving condition.
ii. Improper Maintenance
Improper maintenance includes but is not limited to the inspection and/or repair by an unauthorized service or repair center or the user of non-genuine Kia replacement parts.
iii. Maintenance Records
You should retain maintenance record since it may be necessary, in some instances, for you to show that the required maintenance has been performed.
The “Schedule Maintenance Record” should be filled in when scheduled maintenance is performed. Keep all receipts and make them available in case questions arise about maintenance.
iv. What is Not Covered
The following conditions will render the warranty Void:
1. Failure to have the prescribed preventive maintenance service of your vehicle for every 5,000 km (diesel) or 7,500 km (gasoline) interval.
2. In case of engine performance problems, failure to have your vehicle serviced or repaired by an authorized Kia dealer.
3. Use of lubricants/additives/fuel not recommended by KIA.
v. To Get Warranty Service
You must take your Kia Vehicle, along with the warranty manual, to an Authorized Kia Dealer during its normal service hours. While any Authorized Kia Dealer will perform warranty service, Kia recommends that you return to the dealership where you purchased your Kia Vehicle because of their continued personal interest in you. If you have any questions or need assistance regarding this warranty, refer to “Guidance for Customer”.
5. ANTI-PERFORATION LIMITED WARRANTY
Kia Motors Corporation warrants that the body sheet metal panels of your new Kia Vehicle are free from defects in materials or workmanship which result in perforation (hole through the body panel) due to corrosion, subject to the following terms and conditions. An Authorized Kia Dealer will either repair or replace any body metal panel perforated due to corrosion resulting from defects in material or workmanship under normal use without charge to you.
i. Warranty Period
The warranty period is for the first 60 months or 150,000 kilometers (36 months or 100,000 kms for public conveyance) from the earlier date of either retail delivery of first use of the Kia Vehicle. During the warranty period, this warranty is transferrable to subsequent owners.
ii. What is Not Covered
· Any perforation due to corrosion of the Kia Vehicle which is caused by industrial fallout, accident, damage, abuse, vehicle modifications or damaging or corrosive cargo in the Kia Vehicle.· Any surface corrosion of the Kia Vehicle which does not result in perforation, such as that typically caused by the sand, salt, hail or stones.
· Any perforation due to corrosion of the Kia Vehicle which does not result from a defect in materials or workmanship, but from failure to maintain the Kia Vehicle in accordance with the procedures specified in 4 “Your Responsibilities”, of this warranty manual and the Owner’s Manual provided with your Kia Vehicle.
· Any perforation due to corrosion of a part of the Kia Vehicle which is not a body sheet metal panel. As used herein, “body sheet metal panel” specifically excludes all parts which are components of the exhaust system of the Kia Vehicle.
· Defects or failure resulting from the use of new parts not sold or approved by Kia or used parts or the resultant damage to associated parts or systems.
· Corrosion caused by misuse, abuse or improper maintenance including corrosion inspection every year.
iii. Your Responsibilities
Inspect the body sheet metal panels of your Kia Vehicle frequently and if you detect any stone chips or scratches in the paint or protective coating, touch them up immediately.
In addition, under certain conditions, special care should be taken to protect your Kia Vehicle from corrosion.
6. Service Parts and Accessories Limited Warranty
Kia Motors Corporation warrants that Parts are free from defects in materials or workmanship, subject to the following terms and conditions.
This warranty covers genuine Kia After Market or Service parts sold by an Authorized Kia Dealer and supplied by Kia.
An Authorized Kia Dealer will either repair or replace any replacement parts to correct any problem covered by this warranty. If the parts were installed by an Authorized Kia Dealer or Kia, it will be repaired or replaced without charge for parts and labor to the owner.
i. Warranty Period
Parts installed by an Authorized Kia Dealer under warranty are covered for the remainder of time/mileage of applicable Limited Warranty under which the Parts replaced previously.
The parts sold and installed by an Authorized Kia Dealer after the warranty period are covered 24 months or 50,000km whichever comes first, from date of installation.
ii. What is Not Covered
· Damaged or corrosion due to such factors as accidents, negligence, improper repair or adjustments, misuse, alteration or collision.
· Damage or surface corrosion from environment such as acid rain, airborne fallout (chemical, tree sap), stones, salt, road hazards, hail, wind storm, lightning, floods and other acts of God.
· Normal wear, tear or deterioration such as discoloration, fading deformation, etc.
· Parts installed on a Kia Vehicle in which the odometer has been altered, or on which the actual mileage cannot be readily determined.
· Parts used in application for which they are not designed.
· Parts installed by an unauthorized dealer.
· Any parts without proof of purchase or replacement date.
· Non-Kia parts or accessories installed on your Kia Vehicle.
iii. To Get Warranty Service
You must take your Kia Vehicle, along with your warranty manual and proof or purchase of replacement date, to an Authorized Kia Dealer during its normal service hours.
The liability of Kia under this warranty is limited solely to the repair of replacement of defective Kia supplied materials/parts or workmanship by an Authorized Kia Dealer at its place of business, and specifically does not include any expenses for or related to transportation to such a dealer or payment for loss of use of the Kia Vehicle during the warranty repairs.
7. Schedule Maintenance Record
The service record on this and the following pages have been designed to include the signature of your Authorized Kia Dealer representative or other repair establishment representative. This signed form is evidence of completion of maintenance and services and should be kept with the receipts, repair orders and invoices in the glove box. All records should be given to any subsequent owner of the Kia Vehicle. Claims made during the warranty term will not qualify under the warranty if resulting from lack of maintenance rather that from defective material or workmanship.
PLEASE REFER TO YOUR OWNER’S MANUAL TO GET THE DETAILS
ABOUT SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE INTERVALS.
8. Corrosion Inspection Records
The corrosion inspection on this page has been designed to include the signature of your Kia dealer representative or other repair establishment representative. This signed form is evidence of completion of corrosion inspection and should be kept with the receipts, repair orders and invoices in the glove box. All records should be given to any subsequent owner of Kia Vehicles. Claims made during the warranty if resulting from lack of maintenance rather than from defective material or workmanship.
i. Corrosion Inspection Interval
To obtain the benefit of the Kia Anti-Perforation warranty this inspection must be completed authorized Kia dealers and concerned Kia Distributors, and this inspection has to be made every year after the date of first registration.
9. Guidance for Customer
i. Warranty Application
This warranty is applicable to Kia Vehicle sold, registered and normally operated in your country. During the Warranty period, this Warranty is transferrable to subsequent owners. Mail the “Change of address or owner notification” to your KIA Dealer.
ii. Change of Address
In case of change in your address or if you purchased your vehicle used, please complete the “Change of address or owner notification” portion and return to your KIA Dealer.
iii. Production changes
Kia reserves the right to make changes in vehicles built and/or sold by Kia and it Authorized Kia Dealers at any time without incurring any obligation to make the same or similar changes on vehicles previously built and/or sold.
iv. When you need to talk to KIA
Your satisfaction is our goal. We are here to serve you. All authorized Kia Dealers have the knowledge and tools to keep your Kia Vehicle in top condition. If you have any questions or recommendation for improvement regarding the service of your Kia Vehicle or servicing by Kia Dealer personnel, we recommend that you take the following steps.
Step 1: Contact the Kia Dealer
Discuss the matter with an Authorized Kia Dealers. This is the quickest and best way to address the issue. If your concern has not been resolved by the Service or Parts Manager, then contact the General Manager of the Owner of the dealership.
Step 2: Call the Kia Head Office, National Service Department, Columbian Autocar Corporation
If any reason you feel the need for further assistance after contacting your dealer management call KIA Motors at Columbian Autocar Corporation, Pasay City, Philippines.
Tel. No. : 63-2-310-5840 / 41 or 43
Telefax : 63-2-310-5843
In order to serve you efficiency and effectively, please help us by providing the following information.
1. Your Name, address, telephone number and E-mail address.
2. Year model of your vehicle.
3. Vehicle Identification Number (17 digits, noted on your registration or title, or located on the upper driver’s side corner of the dash).
4. Purchase date and current mileage.
5. Your dealer’s name and location.
6. Your question(s)
Note: if you would like to write a letter, please address it to:
ATTN: NATIONAL SERVICE MANAGER
NATIONAL SERVICE DEPARTMENT
2314 COLUMBIAN TRAINING CENTER
AURORA BOULEVARD PASAY CITY
By following these procedures, we can respond to you as quickly and efficiently as possible.
v. To get Warranty service
You must take your Kia Vehicle along with your warranty booklet to a Kia dealer in you country during its normal service hours. While any Kia dealer will perform warranty service, Kia recommends that you return to the dealership where you purchased your Kia Vehicle because of their continued personal interest in you.
vii. Notice by Owner – Defects in Vehicle
The owner should be responsible for notifying the authorized Kia dealer in writing, through registered mail or personal service, of any and all conditions that substantially impair the use of safety of the new motor vehicle which prevents it from conforming to the manufacturer’s or distributor’s express warranty, but excluding conditions resulting from accident, abuse, neglect, or unauthorized modification or alteration of the new motor vehicle; or defects in the steering or braking system which creates greater possibility of causing injury or death to the passengers of a new motor vehicle or to any third party. This notice should be given within twelve (12) months form date of delivery of the new motor vehicle or twenty thousand (20,000) kilometer, whichever comes first.
viii. Notice by Owner – Vehicle Repair
The owner shall be responsible for notifying in writing by registered mail or personal service the authorized KIA dealer of the failure to rectify or repair any and all conditions that substantially impairs the use, or safety of a new motor vehicle which prevents it from conforming to the manufacturer’s or distributors express warranty.
ix. Notice Requirement
Failure on the part of the owner to properly notify the authorized Kia dealer of any complaints regarding the needs for repairs or service is deemed to be an acknowledgement by the owner that his vehicle is in good working condition.
BASIC WARRANTY COVERAGE FOR NEW KIA VEHICLE
Kia warrants that it will repair or replace Free of Charge any KIA-supplied parts (excluding tires, batteries, radios and aircon which are warranted separately by their respective manufacturer’s) that is found to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use within a period of 60 months or 160,000 kilometers (36 months or 100,000 kms for vehicle use for public conveyance) whichever comes first from the printing date of purchase or put into service, except those items listed under “What Is Not Covered”, provided that the manufacturer’s recommended and required preventive maintenance service and repairs are strictly followed.
Columbian Autocar Corporation, distributor and manufacturer of Kia Vehicle in the Philippines reserves the sole right to the final decision in all warranty matters.