Australia's Best Factory Warranty. Our Promise To You.
Every Kia is built according to the highest automotive manufacturing standards. From the world-class designers who pore over every detail, to the assembly line team who build the cars, to the product engineers who fine-tune our cars for Australia, every new Kia vehicle is designed using the latest engineering technology and in the most advanced facilities. This outstanding production quality is what gives us the confidence to offer you the longest and best car warranty in Australia.
It’s our promise to maintain a high degree of quality and reliability. It’s our promise to you that your new Kia will be there for you today, tomorrow and long into the future. Because we want you to experience everything that makes owning and driving a Kia the best experience possible.
Only Excellence is Acceptable.A vast amount of design, engineering and expertise ensure the highest possible standards of reliability and durability for years to come. So our 7 year Unlimited Kilometre Factory warranty is how we prove it to you.
– Wheels Magazine
What Makes Our Warranty Better?
7 Years Unlimited Kilometres
Your brand-new Kia comes with the assurance of Australia’s First 7 Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty*, unlike offerings from other car brands which cease to operate after you hit a certain mileage. We knew we had to go the extra mile, because a longer warranty is a better warranty. It’s easy for us to back up our vehicles with the best warranty in the industry. After all, they are built not only to perform but to last.
7 Years Capped Price Servicing
At Kia we’re always looking for ways to give you even more assurance. So not only do you know the maximum cost of your vehicle’s next scheduled service upfront, but we’ve also extended our capped-price offering to 7 years. It means no unexpected surprises once the work has been done on your Kia. It also means you can take your car to any Authorised Kia Dealer in Australia and get the same deal.
7 Years Roadside Assist
Every new Kia already comes supported by 12 months of complimentary Roadside Assistance so if the unexpected happens, we are a phone call away. And because each vehicle we build is designed to keep going and going, it’s easy to extend your vehicle’s Roadside Assistance coverage for up to 7 years. Simply, return your vehicle to an Authorised Kia Dealer for each of its scheduled services, and you’ll enjoy peace of mind for the long term.
7 Years Fully Transferable
Feel like upgrading before the 7 years is up? The good news is that the balance of all the above remains with the vehicle for the benefit of the vehicle’s new owner. So you can sell the car with the added value it brings.
Frequently Asked Questions For Warranty
You may take your KIA to any Authorised KIA Dealer for warranty and service.
For a full listing of Authorised KIA Dealers, visit our KIA Dealers section on our website - www.kia.com.au - or call KIA Customer Service on 131 KIA (131 542).
- • Costs associated with scheduled maintenance as detailed in the Owner's Manual.
- • Damages due to factors beyond the manufacturer's control:
- • Misuse of the KIA vehicle, such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing etc.
- • Accidents, such as collision, fire, theft, etc.
- • Alteration, modification, tampering etc.
- • Damage or surface corrosion from the environment such as acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap, etc.), salt, road hazards, hail, wind storm, lightning, and acts of God.
- • Cosmetic conditions or surface corrosion from stone chips or scratches in the paint.
- • Any damage due to lack of maintenance, or the use of the wrong fuel, oil or lubricants, such as:
- • Lack of proper maintenance as described in your Owner's Manual.
- • Improper maintenance or the use of other than the specified oil or lubricants as recommended in your Owner’s Manual.
- • Use of other than the specified fuel, improper fuel quality or fuel contamination.
- • Normal deterioration
- • Normal wear, tear or deterioration such as discolouration, fading, deformation, etc.
- • Surface corrosion on any part other than the body sheet metal panels forming the exterior appearance of a KIA Vehicle.
- • Any damage caused when a non-genuine KIA part or accessory has been used.
- • Any defects caused by repairs or replacement by other than an Authorised KIA Dealer.
- • Any damage considered to be part of normal maintenance, such as cleaning and polishing.
- • Replenishment or replacement of oil, fluids, coolant, wiper blades, fan belts, filters, brake and clutch linings, spark plugs, light globes, gaskets and so on, as a result of normal wear and tear.
- • Maintenance services described as 'Scheduled Maintenance Service', 'Owner Maintenance Service' or 'Appearance Care' in your Owner's Manual.
- • Adjustments, such as brake and clutch adjustment, adjustment of head lamps, wheel alignment, wheel balancing, engine adjustment, etc.
- • Any economic loss. This includes, without limitation, payment for loss of use of the KIA Vehicle, lodging, car rentals, travel costs, loss of pay and other expenses or damages.
- • Vehicles with altered odometer reading. Any repair of a KIA vehicle on which the odometer has been altered or on which the actual distance travelled cannot be readily determined may have warranty declined.
KIA Parts and Accessories installed at the time of a retail sale of a new motor vehicle are covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty applicable to your vehicle, depending on the vehicle’s use.
If Accessories are installed by an Authorised Kia Dealer after the retail sale, they will be covered for the remainder of the KIA New Vehicle Warranty period or for 1 Year, whichever is the greater.
In the case where a replacement part is installed under the KIA New Vehicle Warranty during the vehicle’s warranty period, the part is covered for the remainder of the KIA New Vehicle Warranty period only.
KIA replacement parts and accessories that are not installed by an Authorised Kia Dealer are covered by Parts and Accessory Warranty for 1 year or 20,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first.
The KIA New Vehicle Warranty will continue to apply to vehicles that may have been modified. However, KIA does not warrant the workmanship of, nor any part, component, assembly, equipment or accessory that has not been supplied by and approved by KIA for the specified purpose.
Should any defect be caused by or be attributable to any modification not carried out at the direction of KIA or KMAu, the KIA New Vehicle Warranty will not cover any part, component, assembly, equipment or accessory used in the modification, nor any part, component, assembly, equipment or accessory that has been damaged due to a failure which is attributable to the modification.
If a component covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty fails as a result of poor workmanship or materials, rendering the vehicle immobile or undriveable, the cost of towing to the nearest authorised KIA dealer is generally covered under warranty.
It is recommended that you contact your nearest Authorised KIA Dealer or call KIA Customer Service on 131 KIA (131 542) for guidance regarding warranty coverage prior to arranging towing.
For vehicles eligible for Kia Roadside Assist call 131 KIA (131 542) for assistance.
KIA does not manufacture LPG compatible engines for vehicles imported to Australia. Therefore, KIA advises that LPG should not be used in its range of petrol vehicles.
The use of LPG in an engine not specifically designed for use with this type of fuel may lead to excessive wear, drivability concerns and engine management issues.
If a LPG system is fitted to a KIA engine/vehicle, the KIA New Vehicle Warranty does not apply to the LPG system nor to any conditions/defects that are attributable to the LPG system installation or to operation of the engine using LPG.
Refer to the previous question - ‘Will my warranty be affected if I have the vehicle modified?’
The tyre manufacturer covers the original tyres fitted to the vehicle. Should you have any concerns regarding the tyres on your vehicle, contact your Authorised KIA Service Dealer for assistance.
The battery on KIA Vehicles is covered for 2 years (unlimited kilometres) from the warranty start date.
Parts and labour used in carrying out repairs covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty and conducted at an Authorised KIA are covered under Kia new vehicle warranty.
In the unlikely event you should suffer a breakdown as a result of a defect which is covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty and the vehicle cannot be driven (or cannot be driven safely) & if your vehicle is eligible for roadside assistance, you should contact the nearest Authorised KIA Dealer to arrange for transportation of your vehicle.
For vehicles eligible for Kia Roadside Assist call 131 KIA (131 542) for assistance.
Set Your Location
Enter your postcode so
we can return appropriate pricing for your area.